Traditionally people go on the threadmill at a constant speed for around 30-45 minutes. In the first few days it will help you lose some weight but eventually no.
The best way of losing weight is to do intensity training. This means doing intense activity for a short time and then continue at a lower pace and repeat this over.
The best machine should have a built-in heart monitor and a digital watch.
Calculate your maximum heart rate by subtracting your age from 220.
Max Heart rate= 220-age (in years)
For women it is better to use this formula: Max heart rate=206-0.88 age (in years)
1) After warming up, start at 80-90% of your max heart rate for 1 minute.
2) Then, recover for 2 minutes at 50-60% of your max heart rate.
3) These 3 minutes make 1 interval. Do 8 intervals in all.
1) After warming up, do 1 minute at 70-80% of max heart rate.
2) 2 minutes of recovery at 40-50%.
3) 6 intervals.
1) Weight loss
2) Increase in stamina.